Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

This year, we spent the 4th with my family.  While we were there, we celebrated July birthdays...my mom and Owen!  Owen has been requesting a Spiderman cake since Sophie's birthday (in February!), so I did my best to oblige.
We had a picnic outside, finished off with presents and cake.
He liked it!
It was blue inside.
Lots of Woody and Buzz stuff for this birthday.
Gerrit posed for his senior pictures.
Cassie gave Sophie a festive manicure--flag themed.
And the boys played with all of Owen's new cool stuff.
The kids and I, spur-of-the-moment, decided to stick around a little longer, so Cassie and Gerrit took Greg home.  On one of our extra days, we went to a nearby children's museum.  It was cool!  Sophie dressed up in multiple outfits.
There was a hospital area.
Sophie made sure Owen was healthy.
Then she changed outfits.
And Owen roasted (pretend) marshmallows over a (pretend) campfire.
Wardrobe change.  Love the shoes!
This place had it all.
Even fishing!  This was Owen's favorite.  They were catching (fake) real-looking fish wth magnetic fishing lures.
Another day, we headed back to the beach where we constructed a pretty fabulous sand castle, if I do say so myself.  We were the envy of the other toddlers.

1 comment:

Gordon Magee said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, we did have fun!
Love
Mom