I know this blog is meant to be a place to share pictures and stories about my kids. But today is my birthday, so it's going to be all about me today. A friend forwarded me this list of questions forever ago. I love to read other people's responses, but I hate to spend the time making up my own. Several people comment about enjoying the "Simple Woman's Daybook," so I thought it'd be fun to mix it up for a change. I'll give it a shot today and see how far I get. Any deleted numbers took me too long to think about!
65 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked...
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? I call it a sweatshirt, and it's red
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? You bet!
4. Do you plan outfits? Yes, I tend to choose my clothes the night before so I don't have to deal
with it in the morning. I don't lay things out ahead of time though.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? on the verge of tired
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? my toenails and a toy ride-on car
8. Did you meet anybody new today? the worker at Caribou--she just finished her first year at the college I graduated from
9. What are you craving right now? to read a book
10. Do you floss? yes, several times a week.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Borscht & childhood (German soup/stew...love it!)
12. Are you emotional? not really, though my friend Brenda likely doesn't believe it--I've cried at every movie I've ever seen with her!
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? I don't think so
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Both, when the need arises
15. Do you like your hair? yes, though I'm ready to dye it again...maybe later today
16. Do you like yourself? I do
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? Yeah! He probably knows where to get good ribs!
18. What are you listening to right now? the hum of the computer...I love (almost) silence.
19. Are your parents strict? They were to a certain point, though less so than some may expect from a pastor's family
20. Would you go sky diving? If someone else paid for it, I might give it a try.
21. Do you like cottage cheese? Yes, with strawberries cut up on it
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? Can't recall, but my family did own a former MacGyver film unit vehicle (mini-van). Does that count??
23. Do you rent movies often? No. After having kids, it takes Greg and I too long to finish one. Though we do get kid movies from the library every week.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? A little dish on my desk.
25. How many countries have you visited? 5, although if layovers count you can add a few more
26. Have you made a prank phone call? maybe to a friend when I was in junior high
27. Ever been on a train? in a mass-transit sense, yes
28. Brown or white eggs? White, out of necessity, I guess. Where do you get brown?
29.Do you have a cell-phone? yes
30. Do you use chap stick? yes, constantly, the green minty kind (and only that kind)
31. Do you own a gun? Not personally, but we have some in the house. And I'm a decent shot, so I've been told.
32. Can you use chop sticks? Yes
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? My husband Greg and my kids Sophie & Owen
34. Are you too forgiving? No, I'm sure I can always get better at that
35. Ever been in love? I am right now!
37. Ever have cream puffs? Rarely
38. Last time you cried? At a church picnic when we prayed for dear friends who are moving away
39. What was the last question you asked? Have you picked out your books?
40. Favorite time of the year? Summer, generally speaking
41. Do you have any tattoos? I wish
42. Are you sarcastic? I think so
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? No
44. Ever walked into a wall? It's likely
45. Favorite color? green
46. Have you ever slapped someone? Define slap...I have slapped my children's hands
47. Is your hair curly? No, but it does have parts that flair out now and then
51. Is your phone bill sky high? Not that I'm aware of. Greg and I share minutes on the lowest plan we can get, and we still never max them out!
52. Do you like your life right now? Yes
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? No
54. Can you handle the truth? Certainly--I'd rather handle the truth than deal with trying to figure out what someone means but won't say
55. Do you have good vision? with my contacts in, yes, otherwise, I couldn't see to walk around my own house.
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? I'm pretty sure that I dislike 3 or more, but I can't say that I hate anyone.
57. How often do you talk on the phone? not much at all, I don't enjoy it much
58. The last person you held hands with? Sophie & Owen
59. What are you wearing? brown cargo capris and turquoise t-shirt
60.What is your favorite animal? monkeys and flamingos
62. Can you hula hoop? for a moment, yes
63. Do you have a job? I'm a full-time mom, and the only paying job I have right now is to help coordinate weddings at my church periodically
64. What was the most recent thing you bought? baked treats at Caribou to go with my free birthday coffee!
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? Not that I can remember.