Monday, August 18, 2008

My First Munchkin

These are some pictures of Sophie that were taken when she was 6 months old. Her baby-stage was before-blog, so I thought I'd post a few old pictures of her for old times' sake.


It's amazing to think of how far she's come in the three years since those pictures! Just today we were having a very deep converstion. It went something like this...

Sophie: Mommy, who were you talking to on the phone?
Me: Yellow Grandma.
Sophie: My yellow grandma??
Me: Yes, your yellow grandma. Did you know that yellow grandma is my mommy?
Sophie: (Giggling) Yes! And you're my mommy!
Me: Yes!
Sophie: Do you remember when I was a baby in your tummy and I was borned at the hospital?
Me: Yes, I do.
Sophie: Someday, when you're a baby, you can be in my tummy!


Me: Do you think you'd like to be a mommy someday?
Sophie: Yeah (giggling).
Me: Do want to have a boy or a girl baby?
Sophie: A girl.
Me: What will her name be?
Sophie: Annalisa. And a Drew, like Lydia's baby.
Me: So you'll have a girl and a boy baby. What color will their hair be? Will it be yellow like yours?
Sophie: It will be blue.
Me: (pointing to my hair) Their hair?? It will be blue?
Sophie: Yes. Blue... and green. And their eyes will be blue like mine.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't they come up with doozy statements?!

Wendy said...

That's awemsom! Thanks Carey, I needed a little giggle today.

Yes, Sophie has come a long way in just three years. Just wait though... Katie starts Kindegarten this year! YIKES! What happened to the last five years?

Wendy