Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Angel? Princess?? FAIRY!!

We are thrifty shoppers and love to score a good deal, so last year, in that regard, we bought Sophie's Halloween costume for this year at the end of last season's clearance. Just last night we took out the angel costume we'd bought to be sure it actually fits her. We also hoped she'd like it, since we bought it a year ago, and we had no idea what she'd be into this year. Greg took it out, and she immediately called it a princess dress. Okay, we can work with that! She was very excited to put it on. Then she saw the wings and declared it a fairy costume. Even better! She came down the stairs to model it for me, and said, "Mommy! I'm a fairy... Fairies can fly... I can't fly........ I have to get bigger." It was so cute! She looked at herself in her mirror and kept saying, as if to convince us all, "When I get bigger, then I can fly."
So, now she's ready for Halloween--today! When I got her up this morning, I asked her where we get to go (the answer being church!) and she said "Trick-or-treat!" I explained that we wouldn't be able to do that for a lot of days still. She said, "Ya, maybe later." Halloween can't get here fast enough!

2 comments:

justaneverydaygirl said...

Such a funny story! I wish I had your talent (and patience) to write things down when Jared was younger. I think Sophie makes the perfect angel/princess/fairy..

Anonymous said...

Dear Sophie:

I miss you Sophie. To Sophie, from Calvin John Schmidt.

He loves the pictures of Sophie, he asks, can I see them bigger please?