Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Girls

I know this blog is intended as a place to share stories about my kids, but I wanted to take a break from that for a moment to share about some other special people in my life. My girls! I thought particularly my family might enjoy seeing and hearing about them since they've known all these girls for so many years.
My dear friend Jodie got married this weekend (oh, happy day!) and all of my best college girlfriends (plus one more recent addition) were there to celebrate the occasion. It was the first time we've all been together in one place, as babies, long distances, and various circumstances have prevented one or another from making it to every get-together. It was so wonderful to re-connect with friends who we see less often because they live far away and to spend some time catching up on everyone's lives. I was just lamenting about the lack of intelligent conversation days ago, and our time together certainly fulfilled that need and then some!! I'm pretty sure that the topic of breastfeeding never came up.
I have been thinking about all we've been through since meeting (most of us) 15 years ago. Most of us met as freshman at college, and the others we've picked up along the way.

Here we are 14-15 years ago...

Interesting facts about this group of 9 friends...

-I lived with 6 of them (at different times)

-5 have master's degrees

-we have 10 children (and 2 more on the way!)

-6 have been (or are currently) working moms

-5 are or have been teachers (only 2 in the same field)

-some are single, married, and married with kids

-we live in the midwest, south and on the west coast

-6 of us live within 10-20 minutes of each other

-we've been on "The Price is Right"

-we've been in, sung at and videotaped each other's weddings

-we all know the Lord and we pray for and encourage each other

These are my girls, and I love them dearly!

March 2008

2 comments:

Bren said...

Girl you have not aged at all!!

Jessica said...

Really fun pics!!