Monday, December 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

My friend Heather has done this list on her blog a few times, and I really enjoy reading what she's up to so I thought I'd do my own list.

FOR TODAY (December 22, 2008)

Outside my window...snow, snow, sparkly snow! And -4 temperatures.

I am thinking...about which load of laundry to do next.

I am thankful for...healthy kids (finally!) and just in time for Christmas!

From the kitchen...I will be trying out a new butter-pecan fudge recipe later and will be making white chicken chili for Christmas eve supper.

I am wearing...my oldest jeans that fit (I'm doing laundry, remember?), green house-shoes, a black "Hard Rock Cafe: China" shirt (also old and hardly worn anymore...laundry!!)

I am creating...tags for the packages of treats Sophie and I made to pass out to the neighbors.

I am going...to work out at the community center after Greg gets home from work.

I am reading...the Harry Potter series again. I'm on book 5 right now. I got sick of trying to find something good to read at the library (I bombed on the last one!), so I went with old faithful and already on hand.

I am hoping...to be healthy myself soon. I'm on penicillin for strep right now.

I am hearing...the buzz of my computer...because my children are asleep. Ahhhh.

Around the house...not a creature was stirring.

One of my favorite things...my frosted sugar cookies. I'll post the recipe later! Why do we only make these at Christmas?

A few plans for the rest of the week...spending time with the inlaws for Christmas.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


If you'd like to do your own "Simple Woman's Daybook" list, check out this website

1 comment:

Gordon Magee said...

We love the blog Carey. It makes us feel like we are seeing you all more often and not missing things. Love ya! Dad