Monday, April 7, 2008

Another shameless plug

We love Chipotle! Chipotle is a fast Mexican food type place around here that has amazing, HUGE burritos. When Owen was born, 8 weeks early at only 4 pounds, Greg thought he was about the size of a Chipotle burrito and therefore nicknamed Owen "Chipotle" and "Little Burrito." Greg even wanted to put a burrito in Owen's incubator for pictures so we could show people how small he really was. However, food wasn't allowed in the incubators, so that never worked out.

Recently, I went online to try to find a Chipotle shirt for Greg because he loves Chipotle, and because of Owen's nickname. The shirt I was interested in was sold out, so I started to call around to local restaurants to see if I could track one down. On my second call, I connected with Phil, a manager of a nearby Chipotle. He didn't have the shirt I was looking for, and he asked me if there was a story behind why I was looking for it. I explained the whole story about Owen, which Phil thought was great, so he told me he'd do some checking around and get back to me in a few weeks.

Two weeks later, Phil told me he'd found my shirt and that I could come and pick it up! When I arrived at his Chipotle, I was presented with a goodie bag of items, all "on the house," which included the shirt I was looking for for Greg, 2 other shirts, a shirt for Owen (pics below) and many cards for free burritos and chips & guacamole. Phil even sent me home with supper for the family that night. Incredible!!!

We, who already loved Chipotle, are now madly in love!! Check them out!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Isn't Chipotle wonderful?! "Runty" Owen is getting so big. :) He's like the size of a Burrito Bol now!

Jessica said...

That is so amazing!!