Monday, April 7, 2008

Donut Day

Greg has Donut Day at work each Friday when each person on his team takes a turn bringing in donuts for the group. Not just any donuts. These people are donuts snobs (like I would be about coffee). No gas station donuts for these people! I think Greg would happily eat a donut (or two, or three...) from anywhere, but on his turn this past week, he got donuts from a local bakery. Being a wonderful daddy and husband, he set aside a few special ones for Sophie and I, so we got to have Donut Day on Saturday morning.
Sophie's special sprinkle donut
Sophie's donut when she was "done" with it


Kind of like cousin Jared's donuts when he was little, huh? Maybe he still does it!

Donut Day led to a discussion of favorite donuts. Greg and I have been married for almost 10 years now, but we didn't know each other's favorite kind of donut. Turns out, my favorite regular donut is just plain glazed. Pretty exciting, huh? However, if I was to choose a Krispy Kreme donut, my favorite of all time, it would be the creme-filled, chocolate frosted donut--so amazing!!!

What's your favorite?

1 comment:

Rainiedavis said...

The creme filled with chocolate icing is MY favorite too. I think I'll go out and get one today!
Aunt Rainie