Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reading


My kids both love books! Sophie is particularly fond of reading the Bible lately. She always wants to know everyone's names in the pictures. Owen likes books too...mostly to chew on them. Sophie gets very upset about the chewing and snatches books away from him whenever they enter his mouth. I've been trying to at least have her replace the snatched away books with board books that are okay to chew on, but she has a hard time letting him desecrate her beloved books!

Yesterday Owen and I went into the room to get Sophie up. I plunked him down on her bed and dashed out for a second. When I came back, this is what I saw, and I had to take a picture of it. Sophie was "reading aloud" to Owen from the Bible while he was perusing (not chewing!) a counting book. They were doing so well together that I left them for a few minutes to go get ready for the day. Moments later I heard, "Don't eat my Bible, Owen!"

1 comment:

justaneverydaygirl said...

I love this picture! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to your blog to look at it. And please let me share my feelings on your visible visit counter: I hate it. As I see the number rise every time I go to your blog, which is typically multiple times throughout the day, I hang my head in shame. It's such a glaring reminder of my apparent stalker tendancies.. :) But I can't help it .. I miss you guys!