Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 21

I. am. in. heaven.

I found everything-free mini chocolate chips.  And in the first fist-full I ate, I determined they taste/feel just like regular chocolate chips.  Where have these been these past 21 days??!!  And why can't normal chocolate chips be free from all that garbage I can't eat?  These are scrumptious!

I came home and made Energy Bites out of them.  And I nearly licked the batter off of my palms as I was rolling it into balls to set up in the fridge.  Oh man.

I mixed oats, coconut, ground flax, sun butter, honey and chocolate chips and rolled that into balls.  These will set up in the fridge and be tasty, bite-sized, filling and energizing healthy snacks for later.  For now, I used a spoon to eat what wouldn't stick together in the bottom of the bowl.

Yippee!!

Help me remember not to eat the whole entire batch at once.  Because that would be bad news...digestively and otherwise.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm so happy for you and your new found treat! I'm relieved for you. I remember the "agony" of gestational diabetes and I can't imagine cutting even more yummy goodness out of life. Hang in there! Only one more week!