Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hello again

Hello friends!  Good gracious, life has been full. Which is obvious when I see that I haven't posted one blessed thing here since January.  Yikes!

I'm starting to blog again to keep myself accountable.  You see, I'm starting a new eating plan tomorrow, and it lasts for 28 days.  I'm excited about it tonight, on the eve of a new beginning.  But I'll check back in and let you know how it's going.

I'm cutting out common food sensitivity foods (ie. eggs, dairy, soy, gluten...everything that is good in this world).  This will "detox" my body, hopefully get me on track to feeling at my prime, and help me to discover if I may have any foods that make me feel less than awesome so I can avoid them in the future.  Some folks have also lost weight while doing this.  We shall see.

I just returned home from a 2 1/2 hour shopping trip to buy all the food I'll need for this first week.  It took me an eternity because I had to read labels and look for foods I've never even heard of before (arrowroot flour anyone??).  Did you know that gluten and soy are in everything under the sun?!  Just saying.

In the sake of full disclosure, I will let you know that I stopped at Dairy Queen on the way to the grocery store to buy my healthy food.  I had a giftcard that had been languishing in my purse for months, and since I won't be allowed to even look at dairy for 28 days (28 days!), I decided to have a last hurrah.  Small Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard.  I shall miss you small Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard...and every other kind of Blizzard.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh, boy. I do not envy you even a little bit. Okay, maybe your determination and discipline. And your hair. But good luck for these next 28 days! I wanna hear how it goes. And just thing...Thanksgiving is gonna be AWESOME for you!