Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 8, and counting

As of this morning, I'm down 3.5 pounds from my Day 1 weigh-in.  Yippee!  That's a fun perk, especially since I don't feel like I'm starving myself to lose weight.

Today, however, I did struggle with not being able to have certain foods (pizza, coffee, chocolate, butter...).  We had a lunch playdate with friends, and they were serving pizza.  I sat at the table eating salad and soup with 6 people who were eating pizza and breadsticks.  Mercy.  That was a tough one.  And so hard not to eat Owen's leftover crusts at the end.  My mind was whispering, "Just a little bit wouldn't matter..."  Yes it would!  The meal plan says that if you have any of the sensitivity foods you have to start your 28 days over again!  Yikes!  That's good motivation.  That, and the 3.5 pounds.

We'll be visiting grandmas this weekend, so added to the ordeal of packing for overnight, I will also have to pack provisions for myself...to be prepared in a kitchenette.  No cooking available!  And I'm not sure the other seniors will take kindly to my smoothie-making noise at 8 in the morning.  Hmmm....still trying to figure that one out.

I have been missing coffee quite a bit.  Not the caffeine, but the warmth and the cream and sugar I put in it.  I like decaf and have that the majority of the time.  But I can't do it without cream and sugar.  Both are off limits right now.  So...I've learned to like tea.  I'm trying to avoid caffeine there too, and I can put a little honey in it, and that is enough to soothe me.

I am aware of feeling much more energetic and lacking that sluggish time that tended to hit me mid-afternoon, which is great.  And I'm even finding it easier to get up and out of bed to exercise in the morning.  Today, I woke up before my alarm!  These are the things I need to remember when I think I'm dying to have things I don't even want to mention by name because it makes me feel hungry.

Hanging on by my fingernails today!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

You can do it! You're doing great! I'm gonna make up a cheer for you. I'll get back to you....